Waukesha Choral Union
The Waukesha Choral Union, an auditioned community choir, continues a long tradition of collaborating with other musicians and groups, putting together pieces of the very colorful and diverse arts community in which we live for over 50 years.
Originally a combination of the Carroll College student chorus and community singers known as the Waukesha Choral Society in 1949, the group became the Town and Gown in 1961 and the Waukesha Choral Union in 1974, taking its present form as an auditioned choir in 1978.
Ernest "Ernie" Brusubardis, III returns as music director He has served as music director for community theatre productions throughout Southeastern Wisconsin including Menomonee Falls Patio Players, On the Wall and Off the Wall Theatres, Archangel Productions, as well as shows at University of Wisconsin Milwaukee and West Bend extensions. Brusubardis is in his eleventh year as a choral director at Hartford Union High School, where he also conducts the orchestra for the school’s annual musical theatre productions.
He is a graduate of UW-Milwaukee with a BFA in Music and a Master’s Degree in Music Education with an emphasis in choral conducting. Brusubardis is a member of the American Choral Directors Association and the National Association of Music Educators, is President of the American Latvian Choir Association, and shares the podium of the Brusubardis-Dzimtene Latvian Choir with his father. He resides in Dousman with his wife Indra and their six children.
Waukesha Choral Union holds auditions in the Fall and Spring of each year.
Waukesha Choral Union is supported in part by grants from the Arts Alliance of Waukesha County and the Wisconsin Arts Board with funds from the State of Wisconsin and the National Endowment of the Arts.