Who is Cures Within Reach?
Cures Within Reach is a global non-profit organization dedicated to improving patient lives by leveraging the speed, safety and cost-effectiveness of medical repurposing research, driving more treatments and cures to more patients more quickly. Cures is the philanthropic leader in drug, device and nutraceutical repurposing research, which has the potential to transform the lives of patients with unsolved diseases by delivering effective near-term treatments.
Why Repurposing Research?
There is a great need for repurposing research, which has the potential to significantly fast-cycle the discovery of cures for rare and common diseases, providing new hope for patients and families that are often facing difficult journeys in the search for support and treatment options. Cures Within Reach’s repurposing projects have already generated 13 “new” treatments making an impact, and there are more than 100 additional projects in the pipeline with the potential to help thousands of patients around the globe.
Did You Know That:
• The majority of 12,000 known diseases today have no current effective therapy
• The average time for new drug development is 14 years
• The FDA approves less than 40 novel drugs each year?
• There are fewer than 400 approved treatments for 7,000 rare diseases
• Healthcare costs for a patient for which there is no current effective therapy are over $10,000 annually
• The average cost for new drug development is as high as $3 billion dollars
• The average cost for a proof of concept repurposing project is $250,000
• 2/3 of all researchers have at least one repurposing idea ready for testing
• 1,000s of drugs and devices are already approved for human use
How Can You Help?
With your help, we can change the landscape of drug repurposing efforts around the world. Cures Within Reach establishes collaborative partnerships connecting researchers and funding, facilitating crowd sourcing and identifying alternative financing models and incentives for projects and trials.
Visit www.cureswithinreach.org today to donate or find out more about medical repurposing research. Cures are truly within reach, and together we can accelerate the process to improve patient lives around the globe.
Interested In Learning More?
Dr. Bruce Bloom, CEO or another member of the Cures Within Reach leadership team, would be happy to talk with you about medical repurposing research. He can also discuss Cures Within Reach's efforts to to establish collaborative partnerships by connecting researchers and funding, facilitating crowd sourcing and identifying alternative financing models and incentives for repurposing projects and trials. Visit www.cureswithinreach.org for more information.