Don't Fall for the Pharmaceutical Industry Ads About Atrial Fibrillation
Treating A-Fib is not as simple as the drug company ads make it seem, i.e., 'Just take a daily pill and you're all set.' Wrong!
What These Ads Don't Tell You
1. You are on these meds for life!
2. These meds do nothing to treat your atrial fibrillation.
3. A-Fib can be cured.
As journalists, producers, bloggers and educators, it's important when writing and reporting about Atrial Fibrillation to cover all three components of treating A-Fib:
• addressing the increased risk of blood clots and stroke
• controlling the rhythm and rate of the heart to prevent enlargement, development of fibrosis and heart disease
• treating the patient's often debilitating symptoms
For the facts about Atrial Fibrillation, go to A-FibFacts.info
Sponsored by former A-Fib patient Steve S. Ryan, PhD, publisher of Atrial Fibrillation: Resources for Patients, A-Fib.com, and award-winning author of 'Beat Your A-Fib: The Essential Guide to Finding Your Cure'.