"Alala" in Greek Mythology is defined as "the female spirit of the war cry". Each of the owners, Kim Neel and Sherry Norris, bring their own personal war cry for the necessary services and products for recovery. Kim Neel is a breast cancer survivor and Sherry Norris has lymphadema. As health care consumers themselves, they knew more services were needed to serve the population of the South Carolina Midlands area. Since the opening of Alala in 2006, Kim and Sherry have gently and compassionately served the needs of hundreds of men and women needing quality products related to lymphadema, cancer and diabetes.
The boutique at Alala offers the following goods and services:
* Custom fittings for wigs, breast prosthetics, mastectomy bras and non-mastectomy bras for hard to fit women, lymphedema garments, assistance devices to apply compression garments, diabetic footwear.
* In Home fittings
* Host support group meetings
* Educational Resources; Learning is power!
* Speakers Bureau – for your staff, group or faith based organization
* We accept VISA, Mastercard and Discover cards and we will gladly help you file Medicare and most other insurance
In 2009, Belk Wigs proudly became associated with Alala. Like the owners of Alala, the owner of Belk Wigs, Kimberly Belk, has a medical condition that requires a cranial prosthesis, also known as a wig. Kimberly has a permanent form of hair loss called Alopecia Areata. She too recognized the need for high quality products and expert service compassionately given; therefore she opened Belk Wigs in 2000.