Faasai Resort and Spa is an award-winning family-owned eco-resort in Chanthaburi, Thailand. The province borders Cambodia and is a three hour drive from the Thai capital of Bangkok and Thailand's international airport.
The resort is a short distance from the bay of Kun Wiman and backs onto a forest-covered hill. Guests can enjoy walking and biking around the local area, the resort spa and the extensive tropical gardens which showcase the natural heritage of Thailand and Southeast Asia. The owners also provide day trips around the province including nature treks, kayaking through the mangroves, visits to gemstone markets and historic monuments such as Thai and Chinese temples, Southeast Asia's largest cathedral, craft and fresh food markets. and ancient shipbuilding yards.
Awards won by Faasai Resort and Spa
• Recommended Ecolodge by The Ancient Forests Foundation 2013
• Green award and special award for cultivation and use of herbs and spices from the Governor of Chanthaburi 2011
• Outstanding service to the environment and nature in the Eastern region – Thailand Boutique Awards 2010
• Best Small Hotel in Thailand – TAT Green Awards 2009. "The Green Awards are a symbol of TAT's thanks to outstanding quality and reliable tourism products offered by hoteliers and tour operators" - Joanna Cooke, Marketing Manager for TAT UK.
• Responsible Tourism award – Faasai Resort & Spa was runner-up in the budget category in the 2008 Wild Asia Responsible Tourism Awards.
Contact details: www.faasai.com. Tel:(+66) 81 3426234 (resort)