Care UK is a leading independent provider of health and social care services in the UK. Over the course of a year, on average, Care UK cares for over half a million people.
Care UK provides a range of healthcare services to NHS patients:
• Over 50 primary care services including GP and walk-in services, out of hours, diagnostics centres, clinical assessment & treatment services and prison health services.
• Seven hospitals that specialise in elective, planned surgery with exceptional clinical outcomes and no cases of hospital acquired MRSA.
In patient satisfaction survey results, 90% of patients rate us as excellent or very good for overall quality of care.
Care UK provides care for older people and people with complex needs in both residential and community based settings:
• We manage 89 care homes with 5,250 beds
• We run 12 day care centres – including one that is open 24/7
• We provide over 100,000 hours of homecare every week to more than 14,000 people in their own home
• We have around 50 branches and 18 extra care schemes nationwide In the past year, we provided a total of around 7.8 million hours of individual support.
• We deliver tailored care, rehabilitation and support for 300 people with complex mental health needs from a network of 19 homes and hospitals, as well as in the community, and specialist care and support for people with chronic and enduring eating disorders.
• We help 550 people living with learning disabilities through independent supported living, flexible support at home and active day schemes, in addition to residential care services at 18 locations.
With expertise in both health and social care, we are uniquely placed to deliver integrated health and social care solutions.
Care UK can provide experts for interviews and to help journalists prepare stories on a range of health and social care topics.