- Carle Clinic Association is a private physician-owned group practice, founded 1931 in Urbana, Illinois.
- There are currently 330 physicians employed by Carle Clinic in 50 specialties and subspecialties at 13 regional locations.
- 3,000 patients are treated daily and 214,000 patients are treated annually.
- Carle Clinic employs more than 2,300 area employees.
- Along with Carle Foundation Hospital, Carle Clinic jointly operates: Carle Spine Institute, Carle Cancer Center, Mills Breast Cancer Institute and Carle Heart Center.
- Carle Clinic’s primary care centers encompass 68,000 square-feet and include over 90 exam rooms.
R. Bruce Wellman, MD, President and Chief Executive Officer
Michael W. Bukosky, Executive Vice President and Chief Administrative Officer
DISTINGUISHMENTS, ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS and RECOGNITIONS
- One of the few area healthcare organizations to be 100 percent Electronic Medical Record (EMR) implemented
- Invested in state-of-the-art radiology technology: Picture Archival and Communications System (PACS), GE LightSpeed VCT 64 Slice Scanner and 1.0 Tesla Open MRI
- Named to American Medical Group Association 2006 Best Practices in Diabetes Care Learning Collaborative
- Carle Clinic physicians deliver 2,000 babies each year
- Largest midwifery practice in downstate Illinois
- Official team doctors of University of Illinois Division of Intercollegiate Athletics
- Nineteen Carle Clinic physicians were selected as 2007-2008 Best Doctors in America® by area physicians