Circularise system enables manufacturers, suppliers and recyclers in the value chain to share data in a secure way, get an oversight of the whereabouts of products and raw materials, get certifications, and to plan logistics and recycling activities for specific materials. Ultimately, Circularise communication system brings us closer to a more sustainable economic model, the circular economy, one product at a time.
Circularise communications protocol allows any stakeholder to add information and communicate about individual physical objects (products, parts, materials and so forth) in such a way that:
- Users remain the owner of their data, even if they do not own the object anymore
- Users decide whether they share the data and if so, with whom
- Trusting a central party is not required
Since 2017 Circularise is working with multiple partners in the framework of H2020 C-SERVEES project backed by the European Union. Together these parties are developing a solution that aims to boost a resource-efficient circular economy in the electrical and electronic (E&E) sector through the potential synergies of two major revolutions of our time: the circular economy and the Industry 4.0.
Circularise has already conducted several successful pilot programs with the recycling plant in Italy and a furniture manufacturer in NL. In 2019, Circularise will be rolling out a number of new projects with partners from the fashion/textile and beverage industries.
Circularise has had many successes including:
- Approximately $1M raised from several bodies of the European Union
- Successful pilots with the recycling plant in Italy and a manufacturer in the Netherlands
- Partnering with over 18 organizations
- Numerous awards including EIT Awards, LAUNCH Innovator, Connekt Affiliation Awards, YES!Delft Startups Best Financial Case