The mission of the District of Columbia Public Service Commission is to serve the public interest by ensuring that financially healthy electric, natural gas and telecommunications companies provide safe, reliable and quality utility services at reasonable rates for District of Columbia residential, business and government customers.
We do this by:
- Motivating customer– and results–oriented employees;
- Protecting consumers to ensure public safety, reliability, and quality services;
- Regulating monopoly services to ensure their rates are just and reasonable;
- Fostering fair and open competition among service providers;
- Conserving natural resources and preserving environmental quality;
- Resolving disputes among consumers and service providers; and
- Educating consumers and informing the public.