Esk Valley Lodge offers high quality accommodation in 18 acres of vineyards and beautiful gardens, making peace and privacy a key feature, yet only 15 minutes from Art Deco Napier and 10 minutes from the airport.
Our large rooms have vineyard and valley views, air conditioning, private facilities, king size beds, quality linen and fine native timber fittings. Guests have use of the large lounge and library downstairs.
Breakfasts at Esk Valley Lodge are freshly cooked to your requirements, and feature home grown and local ingredients. Organic options are also available.
The Lodge is a working vineyard with 5 Hectares of vines. Our rooms, Sauvignon, Semillon and Riesling are named after the grapes they overlook. Guests are invited to learn about the seasons events in the vineyard from pruning in winter to harvest in Autumn.
At the lodge itself guests can :
* Wander the quiet gardens or pick flowers, vegetables or fruit for the table. The orchard contains over a hundred fruit trees of almost every sort grown in New Zealand
* Play Petanque or croquet on the lawn
* Use the retro-style bikes available for guests to explore the surroundings, including two wineries, a lavender farm, the cafes of the Esk valley. The river, walks and a surf beach are all within 10 minutes cycle ride.
* Or stay in and read a book, watch a DVD movie from the library, relax by the log fire.
Nearby activities include:
Exploring the many vineyards and wineries of Hawkes Bay, some within a few minutes of the Lodge. The vineyard lunches at many wineries are world class
Napier is renowned as an Art Deco city from when it was rebuilt after the 1931 Earthquake. Spend a day enjoying the Architecture, by yourself or on an informative guided tour.
* Fly and surf fishing ranging from the quiet local Esk river, the wild Mohaka river 20 minutes up the valley, or the pounding Pacific surf 5 minutes away
* Many golf courses, from the rustic Te Pohue course to the world- class Cape Kidnappers.
* Spectacular walks through native flora and fauna, with magnificent views of valley and ocean.
* Various garden tours, including the famous Trellinoe Park, just 20 minutes up the valley
* The gannet colony at Cape Kidnappers, one of the few mainland colonies in the world.