Businesses worldwide will recognize the environmental and economic value of abiding by environmental laws and business practices.
The mission of the Green Business Bureau is to foster environmental awareness among businesses and promote business practices that are both environmentally responsible and commercially beneficial. We serve as a national third-party program that provides certification for businesses that follow environmentally responsible practices.
We are firmly committed to these values and continuously seek to carry out our mission by:
- Serving both businesses and consumers by providing a trusted nationwide program for green businesses certification
- Supporting green businesses by recognizing their commitment to environmental responsibility
- Helping increase the visibility of green-certified businesses in the marketplace
- Promoting commerce and consumer loyalty to green businesses
- Guiding green businesses to reach their goals by providing a program of realistic initiatives that yield tangible benefits
- Developing a collaborative forum that encourages members to share their accomplishments and seek support from other green businesses
- Keeping our members informed about the latest environmental news and regulations that affect their businesses.
The Green Business Bureau is the place to turn to for the latest initiatives your business can take to become increasingly environmentally friendly. We provide unbiased standards and work diligently to give our members all the resource help they need to accomplish these tasks.
The Green Business Bureau is a trusted seal in the marketplace that says you are green – your customers and vendors will recognize and be encouraged to do business with you.
The Green Business Bureau was started by a group of environmental and business professionals that recognized a need in the marketplace for a national, trusted, certification for small to medium sized businesses related to their business practices.
In these tough economic times, businesses are looking to not only protect the environment but also participate in the benefits of reduced energy and material costs. Being good to the environment is good for business. And the Green Business Bureau helps businesses excel and share their success along both dimensions.
While there are other certifications for green buildings (such as LEED) and for green products, there was not a robust system to help businesses go green step by step and gain credibility in the marketplace. That is why the Green Business Bureau was created.