The India 's Spa Industry is relatively young by global standards, given that the most spa facilities are just over a decade or two old. Established and emerging spa businesses need to constantly improve their business and management skills, keep up with new changing trends within the industry, and develop good business contacts and partnerships. Access to resources are needed that can assist role players in market research, product to market development, and improving industry standards, professional training and education.
The Indian Spa Industry has raised their voices and has indicated a need to ensure quality spa experiences to all Indian spa visitors. These pioneers recognize the significance of a closer link between the wellness, health and skincare, healing, medicine and spa communities in a sense that will assure a quality experience available to spa visitors. With this voice committed to excellence, Spa industry leaders (including registered health and skincare professionals, licensed health care professionals, spa owners, spa consultants, spa facility designers and product manufacturers) have come together to form The Spa Association of India.
The association members will be professionals with wellness, health and skincare, healing, medicine or spa experience that will work in partnership to develop and implement approaches that will help shape the future of the Indian Spa Industry. The association envisions being an up-to-date association that will encourage its members to blend the worlds of wellness, health and skincare, healing, medicine and spas. The Spa Association of India is dedicated to bring the Day Spas, Med Spas, Hotel Spas, Resort spas, Destination Spas.
The high goal of the Association will be to set itself as an ambassador for the spa industry, with representation in all aspects related to spas, such as health and wellness, tourism and hospitality, education and training.
The Association will have important roles to:
● Grow a trustworthy industry
● Educate the spa visitor about the benefits of spa experiences
● Build confidence in spa therapies
● Set the guidelines and standards for the establishment of a spa as well as Quality control the spa establishments
● Certification of Membership
● Guide industry research, Identify areas for development and provide Access to research materials
● Identify needs for education and communicate these needs through the PAB Registration Council
● Create partnerships within allied associations and provide Networking opportunities for members
● Liase with international spa association and respective authorities, ensuring standards are of international level
● Liase with media, creating a public awareness for the Indian Spa Association
● Participation in dialogues with the relevant NQF bodies set as and linked associations and companies.
● Priority access to information on spa industry events and developments
● Collaboration opportunities at exhibitions, conferences and business deals
● Events and Training Course
● Formation of an association Website, allowing members to be listed, spa information to be shared, Forum and FAQ,
with a platform for consumers to voice complaints and complements.
Who should join the Indian Spa Association
The association is dedicated to be an accessible and inclusive organization. Membership is open to anyone with an interest in the Indian Spa Industry, but will be of particular benefit to:
● Spa businesses
● Spa consultants, Architects and Designers
● Spa Product and Service Suppliers
● Spa Equipment Suppliers
● Spa Training Providers
● Hoteliers and those in the Hospitality Industry
● Spa Travel agents, Tour operators and others in the Travel and Tourism industry
● Health and Lifestyle Media
Membership fees 2008/ 2009
Day Spa Membership