We commit ourselves to making the Philippine Internet ecosystem a healthy and viable place for all Internet users, not just for big businesses or the government, but also for students, professionals, marginalized groups, and other stakeholders. By uniting all Internet users, particularly in the Philippines, we can make our voices heard. We can make a difference in the Philippine Internet scene.
The Philippine Internet Users’ Society Inc. (PIUS Inc.) is a nonprofit non-stock corporation registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission in the Republic of the Philippines. We are an official partner of One Web day Inc. New York, USA, and are part of the worldwide planning group for One Web Day Philippines.
Vision and Mission
Our desire is to unify internet users in the Philippines through the promotion of co-operation and understanding either through direct membership or by creating alliances with internet users (individuals or groups/organizations) in the country.
1. To unify Internet users in the Philippines through the promotion of co-operation and understanding either through direct membership or by creating alliances with Internet users (individuals or groups/organizations) in the country. This includes setting–up of Philippine Internet Users’ Society Chapters all over the country.
2. To advocate the campaign slogan — Pushing Computer & Internet Access for Every Filipino.
3. To propagate the responsible use of the Internet and its technologies in the country.
4. To provide services for individual and organization members in terms of training and support in regard to Internet/Internet Technologies.
5. To print and publish journals, magazines, papers, periodicals etc. relating to the mission of Philippine Internet Users’ Society, Inc; also to promote and develop the image of the organization and its members online and offline.
6. To organize and conduct events, meetings, seminars, conferences, congress, and competitions between members and any other related groups for the purpose of exchanging ideas and views related to the Internet and Internet technologies.
7. To conduct and organize trainings related to the Internet and Internet technologies around the country especially for the marginalized sectors of the society.
8. To act as a collective voice of Internet users in the Philippines especially in terms of government regulation, in reducing costs of connectivity and Internet access, and also the protection of privacy and confidentiality of transactions conducted on the Internet.
9. To do all such other lawful activities as the Executive Board or Committee may consider fit to achieve the overall objectives of the organization and to protect and maintain the interest of members and the organization.
10. To encourage all members and allied groups/organizations to demonstrate the standards of professional behavior appropriate as Internet users by adhering to the Code of Conduct for all Members of the Philippine Internet Users’ Society.