Janet Pittman Reed is an attorney in Jacksonville, North Carolina, and handles Family Law cases such as Divorce & Separation, Personal Injury, Traffic, Criminal Law, Driver’s License Restoration Services, and Civil Litigation cases.
Law Office of Janet Pittman Reed
Post Office Box 1439
Jacksonville, NC 28541
Phone: (910) 381-1758
Attorney, Law Offices of Janet Pittman Reed. Since February 2016, Ms. Reed has practiced law in Jacksonville, North Carolina. Her practice includes:
• General law practice, including representation of traffic, criminal law, uncontested divorce, power of attorney, wills, domestic, separation agreements, custody agreements, and personal injury matters.
• Prepare and review pleadings, settlement agreements, contracts, deeds of trust, powers-of-attorney, wills, trusts and other documents
• Represent clients in personal injury and social security cases
At the same time, Ms. Reed has provided services as a lead litigation support as part of a litigation team and legal research as part of her consulting firm:
Janet Pittman Reed Consultants, Owner, Jacksonville and Raleigh, North Carolina, 1992-Present.
• Conduct litigation support and legal research in concert with the litigation team of paralegals and attorneys utilizing traditional methods and computer-based applications in family law, Chapter11 Bankruptcies, Civil Litigation.
• Analyze and compile data for bankruptcy filings and research legal issues to Bankruptcy, Corporate and Family Law Cases
• Analyze contracts and modifications, court transcripts, pleadings, as well as background documents to assist attorneys with case strategy and development
Attorney, Law Offices of Janet Pittman Reed, Jacksonville, NC, 1998-2010:
• Represented clients in civil litigations, civil rights, landlord/tenant relations, family law, corporate law, contract drafting and negotiations, real estate transactions, and dispute resolution including mediation and settlement conferences
• Prepared and reviewed pleadings, settlement agreements, contracts, deeds of trust, powers-of-attorney, wills, trusts and other documents
• Performed research, drafted memos, motions and other court filings for a general litigation firm with a variety of clients.
Compliance Office, Detroit, MI and Chicago, IL,1989-1992, US Department of Labor, Office of Compliance and Contracts and Purchases.
• Conducted investigations involving contractors’ compliance with affirmative action and non-discrimination policies for minorities, women, handicapped and veterans which resulted in preparation and generation of reports for review by federal agencies
• Provided general assistance to the compliance office working with a diverse population
Ms. Reed graduated with a Juris Doctor Degree from the University of Florida Holland Law Center, Gainesville, Florida in 1985, and was admitted to the practice of law in North Carolina in 1997.
Summer Legal Internship Syracuse University Study Abroad Program in London England, United Kingdom Studying English Legal models through hands- on experience working with Barristers and Solicitors at the Greenhouse, Stirton, and Co. in Islington, England.
Before her law studies, she received a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Illinois, Champaign, Illinois, Political Science/Business Major (1979-1983).