Private, Selective Enrollment, Gifted and Talented K12 Not for Profit School in Chicago, IL, http://www.mage.education
· Students are grouped by ability, not age, but still with plenty of age-appropriate social peer interaction.
· There are no grades received for classes, and homework is rare.
· Teaching is centered around student inquiries, heavy on project work, collaboration, and real life experience instead of worksheets.
· At every grade level, this includes immersive studies in STEAM (adding Arts to the now-standard blend of Science, Technology and Math) as well as civics, global citizenship, design, and exposure to trades and handcrafts
· Social and emotional education is built into the school day.
· And of course, low teacher - student ratios of 1:8 or 2:20.