National Association of Certified Fiduciaries (NACFF)
The National Association of Certified Financial Fiduciaries (NACFF) was created to provide all the information, tools, and resources needed for financial professionals to ensure they are compliant with the new fiduciary rule. We have taken it a step further by providing a comprehensive fiduciary training program and certification process that will further establish qualified financial professionals as a Certified Financial Fiduciary® (CFF).
CFF is a professional designation for financial professionals, namely, those who have successfully completed a rigorous certification and training process established by NACFF and The American Financial Education Alliance (AFEA), and who agree to uphold the highest moral, ethical and fiduciary standards of service when providing advice to potential or existing clients.
Financial professionals who have earned the Certified Financial Fiduciary® designation can immediately and clearly demonstrate how they practice a fundamental obligation to always put their clients best interest first.
As a Certified Financial Fiduciary®, one must agree to uphold the highest moral, ethical and fiduciary standards of service when providing advice to potential or existing clients. These standards have been set forth in the following Code of Conduct:
• Practice the Duty of Loyalty - a CFF designee will first and foremost agree to always put the clients best interest first
• Practice the Duty of Good Faith – fundamental obligation to treat all clients fairly
• Practice the Duty of Good Care – fundamental obligation to exercise the skill of an expert and to only advise in those areas where expert skill level has been obtained
• Educate First – provide comprehensive and unbiased education to clients ensuring they have a firm grasp of the subject matter prior to making specific suggestions or advice
• Holistic Approach – consider all aspects and factors that effect a plan prior to making suggestions or advice about any part of a client’s financial plan or circumstance
• Full Disclosure – always divulge all fees and commissions as well as disclose any conflicts of interest
• Comparison – always provide comparisons of suggested products with detailed explanations of why one is being suggested over the other
• Confidentiality – protect and keep all client’s information confidential and securely stored
• Professional Practice Management – CFF designees must agree to run their practice with the utmost professionalism using proper documentation and procedures set forth by all relevant governing bodies including the SEC (where applicable) and the DOL. They must also agree to be audited by the CFF organization to ensure that all the above standards are being met at all times
Professional Designation on FINRA: https://www.finra.org/investors/professional-designations/cff