The Registry serves as a repository of important data about AEDs and related AED program personnel and infrastructure, including information about:
- Individuals responsible for managing AED program sites and inspecting AEDs
- The identity of AEDs by the manufacturer, make/model and serial number
- The whereabouts of AEDs by physical address and specific placement location
- Specific days and times of AED availability
- The type and expiration dates of AED batteries and AED electrodes
Organizations that are registered in the National AED Registry™ receive the benefits of being available for EMS / 911 location services where available through the AEDLink Dispatch software.