New York Theatre Barn (NYTB) incubates, develops, and produces new musicals that tell untold stories. Each story is inspired by the lives of real people and actual events. The company has two innovative core programming presentation platforms: 1) New Works Series presents bi-monthly “pre-premieres” of new musicals in the incubation stage of development; and 2) The Choreography Lab is the only curated choreography platform where choreographers and writers collaborate to develop movement for new musicals during incubation. NYTB is a member of the National Alliance for Musical Theatre and the Alliance of Resident Theatres / New York. New York Theatre Barn is a 501(c)(3) Manhattan based non-profit theatre company founded in 2007. For more information, visit: www.nytheatrebarn.org.
More About New York Theatre Barn
Recent productions that were artistic successes:
• IT SHOULDA BEEN YOU – ON BROADWAY WITH TYNE DALY IN 2015
• WITNESS UGANDA – RAN IN CAMBRIDGE, MA IN 2014
• SEAWIFE – RAN OFF -OFF BROADWAY
Other Past Productions:
• I MARRIED WYATT EARP: Michele Brourman/Sheilah Rae/Thomas Edward West’s all-female musical about the wife of legendary frontier lawman Wyatt Earp and the women of the American West, co-produced Off-Broadway at 59E59 Theaters in collaboration with Prospect Theater Company and starring Heather Mac Rae and Carolyn Mignini
• HOT MESS IN MANHATTAN: The multi-composer musical, including Adam Gwon, Ryan Scott Oliver, Drew Gasparini, Carnger/Gregor, and Kerrigan/Lowdermilk
• CHILD OF HUNGRY TIMES: The award-‐winning solo play
• TAMAR OF THE RIVER by Marisa Michelson/Joshua H. Cohen’s Oratorio version in collaboration with Choral Chameleon
• SUPERSOLDIER by HAIR co-creator Jim Rado and in collaboration with Fundamental Theater Project
• Readings and workshops, including Adam Gwon’s ORDINARY DAYS and Brian Feinstein/Robin Moyer Chung’s BIG FAT CAT, starring Bruce Vilanch
• MASTER CLASS SERIES have featured master writers Barry Manilow and Rupert Holmes, and has been hosted by New York Post columnist Michael Riedel
• SMALL TOWN STORY (by Sammy Buck and Brandon James Gwinn): NYTB’s first original commission, featured in Seattle’s Village Theatre’s 2013 Festival of New Musicals
• THE BOY WHO DANCED ON AIR (by Tim Rosser and Charlie Sohne): featured in the 2013 National Alliance for Musical Theatre’s Festival of New Musicals.
Both shows are the recipient of a NAMT Writers Residency Grant.