1. Sing Along at a Festive Concert: There’s nothing more festive than listening and singing along to Christmas songs. And guess what? Dubai Opera will be hosting 2 concerts that will get you in the festive spirit and they are:
→ Dubai 92’s Christmas Cracker (10 December @ 8:00pm) – featuring British popstars Gareth Gates and Natasha Hamilton. The concert will be filled with nostalgic ‘noughties’ Christmas songs, Yuletide classics and audience carols. Tickets start from AED225 with one complementary drink. → Santa Baby! (11 December @ 11:00am & 2:00pm) – featuring the NSO Big Band that will jazz-up your favorite carols such as Jingle Bells, Santa Baby, All I want for Christmas is You, and more! Tickets start from AED190 with one complementary drink.
2. Allowing yourself to feel bored involves saying yes to the feeling. Snub your boredom this December by getting back to the cinema and enjoying a socially distanced movie experience like never before or indulging in an exciting outdoor activity like a boat tour or kayaking! As they say, some movies are simply meant to be experienced at the cinema and nothing can replace the fun, excitement and memories cinemas or fun outdoor activities for that matter help create, be it for your family, your partner or just by yourself. Avoid long-queues and book your tickets and activities online safely from the comfort of your home or from practically anywhere, on your mobile device on https://www.q-tickets.com/uae/.
3. Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony @ Jumeirah Zabeel Saray Get into the holiday spirit by joining Jumeirah Zabeel Saray for their grand Christmas Tree Lighting ceremony, which will be accompanied by the grand choir with festive carols. This ceremony will take place on December 10 at 5:00pm. Mark it in your calendars. It will be a majestic experience!
4. Winter Wonderland is coming to Souk Madinat You’ll want to mark the dates December 10 until December 26 on your calendar as Jumeriah’s Souk Madinat will be bringing Christmas to you and your family with their outdoor movie nights, Santa’s grotto, festive garden, carol singalongs, children craft workshops, and more!
5. A Desert-Themed Wonderland @ Bab Al Shams Desert Resort You can’t live in the Middle East and not go to a desert-themed Christmas wonderland. So make sure to stop by Bab Al Shams Desert Resort where there will be lots to do and see such as the 40ft well-decorated Christmas tree, Santa meet and greet, festive market, festive food and buffet, Christmas carols and more.
6. Gingerbread House Decorating Sessions for Children Get your little chefs into the festive spirit with these hands-on gingerbread house decoration workshops. From gingerbread walls to colorful icing and sweets! This is our top pick:
→ Ranches Restaurant, Arabian Ranches Golf Club - Sign up your creative little ones for the Gingerbread House Decorating session for AED125, which will be inclusive of a gingerbread house, a meal, and a soft drink. This event will be available 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm on December 6, 13 & 20. And guess what? Fun prizes will be given for the best gingerbread house. Contact 04-3607935 to book your slots.
7. Winterland Brunch @ Grand Plaza Movenpick, Media City Enjoy a festive feast with your family and friends by the pool or indoors filled with Christmas decorations, carol singers, and live cooking stations. And if you have children, not to worry! There is a dedicated children zone for them to play. This brunch will be available on December 11 & 18 from 12:30 pm to 4:00 pm. The prices are AED159 (with soft drinks), AED299 (with house drinks), and AED79 (for children). Contact 04-525-7777 to book a table.
8. Cirque de Glace. An Ice Show Beyond Imagination. If you’re looking for a show to watch during Christmas time, check out this 2-hour incredible ice show which tells the story of the creation of our planet through ice skating, acrobatics, touching music, and spectacular costumes. This show will run from December 24 to 26, with timings available at 2:00 pm and 8:00 pm. Tickets start from AED295.
9. The Annual Dubai Santa Run This December 11 will be the third year for the family-friendly Santa Run, hosted by Dubai Festival City and RaceME. Tickets are priced at AED105, which will include a free Santa t-shirt, hat, and beard. Although, you are more than welcome to wear your own full Santa costume. The aim of this Santa Run is to cover a distance of at least 1km, 2.5km, or 5km whilst wearing the Santa outfits.