Educational Classes on Long Term Care Planning
Planning for Longevity?
Because of today's medical science, we're all living longer lives. Long-term care issues are now the biggest threat to a successful retirement.
Get objective answers about the pros and cons of a variety of long-term care issues from this series of two local area Community Education classes.
Note: these five (5) classes are separate and independent.
One does not have to take “Class # 1” before taking “Class # 2, 3, 4 or 5”.
Class # 1: Protecting Your Assets: New Laws and Updates
Long-Term Care (LTC): Issues Discussed in Class # 1
• Longevity issues (the impact of living longer . . .)
• Caregiver issues (the physical, emotional costs of caregiving . . .)
• Retirement / Financial issues (the impact on my retirement nest egg . . .)
• Legislative issues (an update on the ever-changing NY and Federal tax laws
• Understanding Medicaid Estate Recovery and Medicaid’s look back period
• New York State Long-Term Care Insurance Partnership Program
• How to avoid Medicaid spend down mistakes
• What other Long Term Care Options available
• Avoiding crisis planning
• How to plan effectively in order to protect your assets, legacy and family while
maintaining eligibility for Medicaid