Vodafone powers the new era of mobile social networking in India with Vodafone Blue
Friends and fun made easy with unlimited access to Facebook® for a year
Mumbai: September 6, 2011: Vodafone Essar, one of India’s leading telecommunications service providers, in its endeavour to provide differentiated experience to its customers today launched a revolutionary phone –Vodafone Blue. Specifically designed to put the Facebook experience into the heart of the handset, Vodafone Blue will allow users to easily share and connect with their friends anytime, anywhere. The phone is designed specifically to bring an ‘outstanding and affordable integrated mobile Facebook experience’ to pay-as-you-go customers.
The Vodafone Blue, developed in collaboration with Facebook, brings the qualities of a classic Smartphone together with popular social networking functions – from status updates to sharing a photo – into the hands of millions of people in an attractive, intuitive mobile phone, competitively priced at MRP. Rs 4950/- (inclusive of all taxes) only.
The uber-cool Vodafone Blue has a designated F button that lets the user upload pictures, visit profiles; update status at a single click. The phone takes Facebook integration to a different stage by providing all kinds of updates as counters, notifications, and displays Facebook posts regularly in the background. Additionally, Vodafone Blue will be launched in India, with unlimited access to Facebook for a year from the date of its purchase.
Speaking at the launch, Mr. Kumar Ramanathan, Chief Marketing Officer, Vodafone Essar said, “The mobile internet plays a central role in the daily lives of millions of Vodafone customers, many of whom are avid Facebook users. Vodafone Blue is the answer to our youth’s mobile social networking needs. The phone has been designed to let everyone experience the fun of connecting with friends on the go, at a pocket friendly price. With our unique, fully integrated Facebook customization, the Vodafone Blue offers a compelling, out-of-the-box experience.”
Commenting on the launch of the phone, Henri Moissinac, Head of Mobile Business, Facebook said, “Facebook wants to make every phone social and Vodafone has taken the integration of Facebook to the next level with the Vodafone Blue. We are really happy that Vodafone has brought the phone to India and enabling people to experience Facebook free of charge from the mobile device for a year”.
Vodafone Blue: Powering the new era of mobile social networking in India
Every aspect of the Vodafone Blue design reflects people’s desire to stay up-to-date and communicate with their friends anytime, anywhere.
• Ready to go, straight out of the box: Facebook is built into the handset’s core – it’s running the moment the customer turns on the mobile phone.
• Truly integrated messaging: Facebook messages appear in the handset’s inbox alongside texts and email.
• Simple photo-sharing: photos taken using the Vodafone Blue’s 2 megapixel camera can be shared with friends with a single click.
• Easy to stay in contact: friends’ Facebook profiles are automatically synchronised in the Vodafone Blue’s address book.
• Multiple Chat: Chat with all your friends as Vodafone Blue enables multiple Facebook Chat sessions simultaneously.
• Always available: The phone updates regularly in the background, flagging new items on the home screen.
• One-click control: the customizable Facebook ‘F’ button can be assigned to one of a number of tasks, including instantly posting a status update with photos from the gallery or with links from the browser.
• Attractive form-factor: touch navigation, 2.4” landscape display and QWERTY keypad are ideal for typing chat, email and status updates. Comes with Opera Mini 5 Web browser for fast internet browsing
• Music on the Go : Fully integrated FM Radio and music player with 3.5mm jack
For additional details and other terms and conditions, please refer www.vodafone.in
Notes to Editors
1. The Vodafone Blue is a Vodafone concept, developed in collaboration with Facebook and manufactured exclusively for Vodafone
2. Facebook® is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc.