The Academy of Pedorthic Science is one of the few training centers to offer a NCOPE approved Certified Pedorthist certificate program, a Certified Fitter of Therapeutic Shoes pre-certification course and Continuing Education.
The Pedorthic Certificate Program ensures competency within the Pedorthic Learning Domains as stated by Pedorthic certification organizations. The intense program covers anatomy, Pedorthic theory and actual laboratory practice, CAD/CAM technology and all regulations relating to the Pedorthic Practice.
Our Certified Pedorthist Certificate Program is university sponsored and can be completed in 3 weeks. It is eligible for veterans' benefits and OPGA members receive a tuition discount.
According to the American Board of Certification 2014 pass rate results, students who completed the Academy pedorthist certificate program had significantly higher pass rates each month and almost a 30% higher pass rate than the national average for all of 2014.
Our Certified Fitter of Therapeutic Shoes Pre-certification course is completely available online, including the interactive lab. It is approved by NCOPE and ABC and prepares our students to take the American Board of Certification exam.
The Academy of Pedorthic Science offers online and live continuing education applicable to Pedorthists and Orthotists. The 100% online courses are available 24/7 at your pace and schedule through our exclusive learning management system. The live courses are offered on weekends at our Atlanta, GA training facility. All courses are taught by nationally recognized lecturers and experts.
The Online Courses available are:
- The Pedorthic Primer: This course delivers the foundation of pedorthics from basic anatomy to applications and materials. 4 Scientific CE Credits $119.00
- Advanced Biomechanical Gait Analysis: Gait analysis is crucial to the patient evaluation process to identify problems and their origins. 8 Scientific CE Credits $199.00
- Therapeutic Shoe Fitter Course: The American Board of Certification will award certified individuals Category II continuing education credits for a pre-certification course. A great refresher for certified professionals. 11 Scientific and 1 Business CE credit $199.00
Live Courses Schedule
- Managing Diabetic Foot Care & Therapeutic Shoes and Inserts - July 11, 2015 from 8am to 5pm, 8 CEUs - New Fitters and experienced Pedorthists will benefit from course covering patient evaluation to requirements of therapeutic shoes and inserts.
- The Pedorthic Primer - July 12, 2015 from 9am to 2pm, 4 CEUs - A must for the therapeutic shoe fitter and the seasoned C.Ped who needs a refresher. This course combines lecture and active hands-on practice.
- Introduction to CAD/CAM for Pedorthics - July 18, 2015 from 8am to 5pm, 8 CEUs - The ability to design an orthotic in a wire frame digital environment is the future of orthotics. An interactive class in a live orthotic laboratory.
- Making Custom Orthotics using Today's Technology - July 19, 2015 from 8am to 5pm - 8 CEUs - The essential sequel to the Introduction to CAD/CAM. Discover the techniques of analysis and design and actually produce a custom orthotic in a live laboratory.
Attendees that register for both Saturday and Sunday classes receive a $50.00 discount.
More information and details on these and other educational opportunities are available at our website http://academyofpedorthicscience.com/ or call the Academy at 866-338-2597