About anna fang public relations
Since 1988 in Hong Kong, Beijing, China, Southeast Asia, and the USA, Anna has earned numerous achievements in marketing communications, public relations and corporate communications.
Prior to her PR consultancy anna fang public relations, she was the Regional Corporate Communications Manager for Motorola Asia Pacific, and later, Regional Marketing Communications Manager for Motorola University managing public relations and marketing communications across 15 countries in the Asia Pacific region. She played a pivotal role in producing regional marketing communication materials, leading regional employee communications, print and internet advertising strategies and event management.
Her “firsts” for Motorola University include:
• She organised two press conferences for Motorola University – one in Hyderabad, India for the Indian Institute of Informational Technology, and another in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia at Malaysia Multimedia University – both were signing ceremonies for Motorola. In Hyderabad, the signing ceremony was timed to coincide with the visit of President Bill Clinton in India.
• She launched a first-ever award-winning E-Learning program for the Asia Pacific region targeted at Motorola employees in the region.
The E-Learning campaign included marketing materials, a roadshow, and an intranet site which had an award-winning video which were interviews of the CEO and senior managers in the region, an on-line contest and success stories of Motorola University. On the E-Learning website, employees could have the choice to enroll in 2,000 Motorola University courses.
She worked on every aspect of corporate communications – corporate image, marketing communications, and issues management. She traveled to many of the countries in the region to work on global and regional initiatives and organising press conferences in Cambodia, Malaysia, India and Hong Kong, along with liaising with the corporate headquarters in Schaumburg, Illinois (USA) and the regional headquarters of Motorola in Singapore and China.
She worked at Hutchison Telephone (one of the first cellular phone companies) in Hong Kong for four years as the Public Relations Manager, and prior to that position for four years in Beijing, China at the Great Wall Sheraton Hotel and Tianlun Dynasty Hotel during 1988-1992. Through working in Hong Kong and Beijing, Anna acquired solid experience running PR sponsorship programs and company events, marketing communications, and established networks with the media, and with various companies.
As the director of anna fang public relations, she advises clients on strategic communications and issues management, managing programs to raise CEO and brand profiles through public relations, media relations, and client events. This strategy includes one-on-one media interviews with targeted regional and international business media such as the Asian Wall Street Journal, CNBC Asia, CNN, Far Eastern Economic Review, Hong Kong Economic Times, Financial Times, Hong Kong Economic Times, Businessweek, South China Morning Post, Asia Inc, Hong Kong Business and other trade industry media.
Besides her public relations and media relations work in the Asia Pacific Region, Anna's other passions are the Hong Kong Association of Business and Professional Women and the Matilda Sedan Chair Race Charities Fund.
She is a past president of the Hong Kong Association of Business and Professional Women (HKABPW) for 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001 and 2003, and has led the following public relations campaigns and programs from 2003-2009 such as:
• HKABPW Inaugural CEO Women Roundtable in 2003
• Coordinator and Host Organisation for the Corporate Image Building Program for the Hong Kong Association of Business and Professional Women in the fall of 2003 and winter of 2004
• Co-founder of the HKABPW Mentoring Program (2003-2005)
• Committee member of the HKABPW 25th Anniversary publications and Gala Celebration (Summer and Fall 2004)
• Host Organisation for the City University of Hong Kong, Dept of English and Dept of Media and Communications’ Internship Programs / Final Year Project since 2003
• She was the Chair of the BPW International Mentoring Program from 2005-2008 and created an in-depth section on the BPW International website on mentoring, and a member of the BPW International Public Relations Committee from 2005-2008. She assisted BPW International in winning an international award for their website in 2008 – “Most Improved Website”.
For the Matilda Sedan Chair Race Charities Fund, Anna was the official PR consultant for three years (2002-2005). Previously, she was nominated for the Entrepreneur of the Year Award, and for the Veuve Clicquot Business Woman of the Year.
Anna Fang has a M.A.in Comparative History from UC Santa Cruz, specializing in Chinese History, 1911 to the present. www.annafangpr.com