While her path has been long and winding, singer-songwriter Claudia Gibson’s music has earned praise from musicians like Gordy Quist of the Band of Heathens, who calls her “a soulful storyteller and a vivid poet,” and Grammy-nominated hit songwriter David Lee, who characterizes Claudia as a “a songwriter’s songwriter.” A 2019 Kerrville New Folk Finalist and 2019 Songwriter Serenade Semi-Finalist, Claudia’s won first place in the 2018 Woody Guthrie Songwriting Contest for her song “Dreamers," and was a participating artist at the 2018 Dripping Springs Songwriters Festival. James Killen of the Houston Music Review has cited Claudia’s "...beautiful voice and thoughtful lyrics", while DJs on independent radio from Oregon to North Carolina have spun tracks from her 2016 album Step By Step, earning it placement in the Americana Radio and Roots Music Report’s 2017 charts.
A singer, guitarist and songwriter since her teens, Claudia's music career took a back seat to raising a family for many years. After moving to the Austin, Texas area, a chance meeting at a music retreat led to Gordy Quist’s offer to produce her first album, Step by Step.
Claudia's songs are honest and borne of life experience - hard earned at times, joyous and bittersweet at others. Claudia’s strong voice and guitar accompaniment compliment her songs’ melodies and harmonic structure, helping her to earn songwriting recognition and awards, both in the Austin area and beyond.
Claudia's EP Louisiana Sky (March 8), contains acoustic songs recorded in summer 2018 and January 2019, including the title cut and the award-winning "Dreamers,” a song chronicling the lives of DACA recipients. Claudia plans a Kickstarter for a new full album late in 2019.
Instagram - @claudiagibsonmusic |Facebook - facebook.com/claudiagibsonmusic |Twitter - @ctgibson
Claudia Gibson - recent highlights:
- 2019 Kerrville New Folk Competition Finalist
- 2019 Songwriter Serenade Semi-Finalist
- 2018 Dripping Springs Songwriter Festival artist
- 1st place 2018 Woody Guthrie Songwriting Contest for “Dreamers”
- Mainstage set at the 2018 Woody Guthrie Festival
- Step By Step - Roots Music Report's Top Americana Country Album Chart 2017
- Honorable Mention by Houston Music Review writer James Killen in 2017 Southwest Regional Folk Alliance Review
- Top Five Song of the Month for “Step By Step,” Songwriter Universe, May 2017
- SXSW live radio performing slot on SunRadio’s 2017 Yeti Flagship Stage for “Step By Step”
- The Indie Bible PopScore Pick, January 2017 for "Real Love"