Daniel Chen has extensive direct marketing and marketing communications experience in the Asian Meetings, Incentives, Conventions and Exhibitions (MICE) sector. Commanding a proven track record of over 6 years in both B2C and B2B marketing, he specialises in launching ROI-measurable, tactical direct marketing campaigns for highly differentiated market segments. His project teams’ stellar sales returns attest to his solid foundation in database marketing to generate quality sales leads, create market buzz and expanding primary and secondary target market domains.
He has experience in marketing to the following business sectors: oil & gas and the energy market, healthcare, banking & finance, business process management, defence & government and the telecommunications market.
Recognised as a creative and solution-orientated thinker, he is adept in strategising aggressive sales and marketing campaigns to maximise sales returns. He is also competent in copywriting and creative directing to brand, position and reinforce key product USPs to achieve marketing objectives. Having a keen interest in social media marketing, he enjoys experimenting in a variety of social media platforms to test drive ideas.
Online and Direct Marketing
• Conceptualisation, planning and execution of tactical marketing plans which include: online marketing initiatives (web and social media), strategic media partnerships, direct mail, email, fax and SMS viral campaigns
• Implemented interactive web-based activities (podcast, online games, etc) and social media marketing to boost greater interactivity between the products and customers
• Working with online and direct marketing metrics to measure effectiveness of marketing campaigns
• Overseeing direct marketing campaigns in terms of creative, data quality and timely execution
• Direct marketing campaign testing and analysis
• Copywriting for all marketing collaterals (product brochure, web copy, eDM, poster, sales letter, press release, fax and sms campaigns, etc)
• Media Liaison and product press coverage
• Responsible for supervising 2-3 marketing executives/assistants to ensure day-to-day operational marketing requirements are met
Marketing Strategy and Brand Management
• Consumer analytics and trend-spotting on consumer purchasing behaviour
• Managed a diverse Asian product portfolio which requires a good understanding of cultural context and customised marketing
• Managed marketing budgets, including regular reactive adjustments in marketing spend to maximise marketing ROI and product profitability
• Implemented in-depth database build research to grow primary and secondary target market domains
• Managed product brands; includes market positioning and creative conceptualisation of marketing collaterals for global products
• Managed a team of 20 temporary staff/interns in various deployments – customer service, general event operations and event logistics
• Fostered good working relations with vendors and media/marketing partners to deliver exceptional value to project team
• Often able to get vendors and media partners to deliver extra value on top of their pre-existing contractual terms
He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.