For over 34 years, HWSC has helped clients grow larger, more valuable businesses through a range of capabilities encompassed in our core advisory and specialty services. Our core services deliver results for business growth, generational transition, and related matters including capitalization and liquidity strategies. Specialized services include Family Office Direct Investment Services (FODIS) for business owning families seeking involvement in direct investments, improvement of current direct investment activities and/or positioning their direct investments in operating businesses or assets for future generations of ownership. Unique practice attributes – ranging from our proprietary process, research, and tools, recognized expertise, and customized services – set us apart. Founding our subsidiary, the Business Growth Alliance, allows for exclusive access to an international network of professional affiliates, supplementing our portfolio of services.
WIDELY REGARDED AS AN INDUSTRY LEADER, WE UPHOLD A HISTORY AND REPUTATION OF EXCELLENCE
FOUR CORE ADVISORY SERVICES optimize the growth and transition of family-controlled businesses.
TRANSACTIONAL CAPABILITIES & SPECIALIZED SERVICES offer unique solutions for clients owning multiple operating businesses and direct investments.
TWELVE VALUE-ADDED PRACTICE ATTRIBUTES – ranging from our Proprietary Process and Tools, Recognized Expertise, and Customized Services – set us apart.
BUSINESS GROWTH ALLIANCE, a subsidiary of HWSC, extends access to an international network of professional affiliates, supplementing our portfolio of services.
HWSC AT A GLANCE
CEO / Founder: James C Bly, Jr.
Locations: Headquarters Sewickley/ Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Regional Offices Baltimore | Cleveland | Toledo | Greenwich | Naples | Philadelphia
Global Presence: Affiliates in over 20 U.S. Cities, Global Partnerships in 30+ Countries
Exceeding $225 billion of deal experience
Over $20 billion growth capital delivered to clients
Excellent client references
WHO WE ARE
- Reputable senior executives
- Current & former CEOs & c-suite leaders
- Award-Winning Industry Experts
- Educators, authors, thought leaders
- And we share a passion for the value business owning families bring to our economy and society
WHO WE SERVE
- First generation entrepreneurs to large multi-generational business owning families
- Clients among Inc. 500 and Forbes 400
- Companies seeking growth and transition support from middle to upper middle to large scale
Size: Annual Revenue $25M – $2B+
Industry: 12 Broad Industry Segments; 754 SIC Codes
Geography: US & Global
Description: Growing (or Divesting) Middle, Upper Middle, to Large Market; Family Owned or Privately Held
WHAT WE DO
- Help clients GROW larger, more VALUABLE businesses
- Uncover & address business objectives, opportunities, and challenges
- Develop & implement comprehensive strategic plans through CORE ADVISORY and SPECIALIZED SERVICES
CORE ADVISORY SERVICES
- Addressing long-term business growth and corporate development needs
- Financing business growth while maintaining family control
- Providing liquidity mechanisms for shareholders
- Implementing governance processes to assure successful generational transitions while continuing to grow and evolve the business
Family Office Direct Investment Services (FODIS)
Risk Measurement Services (RMS)
Private Company Equity Oversight Services (PCEO)
Capital Markets & Investment Banking
- Bank Debt Placement | Institutional Capital | Family Office Capital | M&A | Capital Formation | Financial Advisory