FOUNDATION MISSION STATEMENT
The Family Copeland Foundation was established in May 2014 to provide support to the students, teachers, and administrators of St. Mary’s Midwifery Training School in Kalongo, Uganda, in the form of educational scholarships, facility improvements, teaching aids as well as promotion of the school itself.
The Family Copeland Foundation is a 501 C 3 public charity and donations are fully tax deductible.
FIVE SCHOLARSHIPS AWARDED
The Family Copeland Foundation has awarded five scholarships. In 2014 Agness Angwech and Gloria Munguleni received scholarships. They are nearing the successful completion of their studies at St. Mary’s and will graduate this coming November. In 2015 Sister Godliver Jacinto Nyongesa and Agnes Alezuyo received scholarships. In 2016 Ayiko Robina Adyee was awarded a scholarship.
A PLEDGE FROM CO-FOUNDERS BILL AND HOLLY COPELAND
We realize that donors have overwhelming choice in how their donations are spent. We promise that ...
• 100% of donations go directly to St. Mary’s to provide student and teacher scholarships or in some cases teaching aids.
• Holly and Bill Copeland pay for all foundation administrative costs such as website hosting fees, accounting expenses, mailing, promotional material and marketing.
• There are no paid staff and Officers and Board members do not receive compensation.
• Accounting for the receipt and disbursement of donations will be provided on request.
• The Principal of St. Mary's, Sister Carmel Abwot, along with her staff will decide which students and teachers will receive scholarships.