The global market for telemedicine is expected to surpass US$ 103 Billion by 2026. Telemedicine services are used in several medical areas, such as dermatology, gynecology, cardiology, neurology, diabetes control, psychiatry, primary healthcare and others. The deployment of telemedicine services has significantly changed the healthcare services, due to various technological innovation in the field of medical device and services. The growing geriatric population coupled with rising prevalence of chronic diseases, dearth of healthcare professionals worldwide, improvements in telecommunication infrastructure, and need for affordable treatment options due to rising healthcare costs are some of the factors expected to propel the growth of telemedicine market in the coming years. Some of the key factors restricting the growth of telemedicine market include lack of skilled and trained professionals in the remote areas, and privacy and security concern.
By End Users - Global Telemedicine Market
• Telehospitals/teleclinics holds the largest share among the end users.
• Telehome segment is estimated to grow at the fastest rate because of the rising inclination towards personalized healthcare.
By Specialty - Global Telemedicine Market and Forecast
• Dermatology segment captured maximum share of the global telemedicine market.
• Gynecology is expected to be one of the most revenue generating specialty segment in the telemedicine market.
• Cardiology is the third largest application of the telemedicine industry.
• Neurology market segment accounted for over 7% share of the global telemedicine market in 2018.
• The medical specialties such as the orthopedics, oncology, mental health, internal medicine and emergency care are also witnessing increasing demand for telemedicine services thus fueling the growth of the market.
By Component - Global Telemedicine Market and Forecast
• In terms of component, the services segment commands the largest share of the global telemedicine market.
• The hardware segment is predicted to account for over 17% share of the global telemedicine market by 2026.
• The software segment is expected to witness the highest growth during the forecast period.
By Service Types - Global Telemedicine Services Market and Forecast
• Tele-consulting segment held maximum share of the total telemedicine services market.
• Among the various services of telemedicine, tele-monitoring is expected to grow at the highest rate during forecast period.
• Tele-education and tele-training segment accounted for combined share of nearly 16% in 2018.
By Delivery Mode - Global Telemedicine Market and Forecast
• Web/mobile segment generated maximum revenue share in the year 2018.
• The call centers have emerged as a new channel for the delivery of a wide variety of healthcare information and services.
By Region - Global Telemedicine Market and Forecast
• North America accounted for lion’s share of the total telemedicine market on account of high demand for technologically advanced products.
• Europe is the second leading market for telemedicine. The rising demand for quality healthcare and the need to curtail escalating government expenditure on healthcare services is expected to push European governments towards adoption of e-health policies.
• In the coming years, the telemedicine market is expected to witness the highest growth in the Asia-Pacific region, with emphasis on India, China, and Japan.
• Telemedicine can be particularly useful in Latin America and Middle East & Africa given the uneven distribution of doctors and the significant lack of personnel in rural areas.
This is the 3rd edition report on Telemedicine industry by iGATE RESEARCH. The report titled “Global Telemedicine Market (by End-Users, Specialty, Component, Service Types, Delivery Mode & Regional Analysis), Mergers and Acquisitions, Recent Trends, Key Company Profiles and Recent Developments - Forecast to 2026” provides a complete assessment of the fast-evolving, high-growth Global Telemedicine Market.
This 233 Page report with 71 Figures and 13 Tables has been analyzed from 12 viewpoints:
1. Global Telemedicine Market and Forecast (2012 - 2026)
2. Global Telemedicine Market Share and Forecast (2013 - 2026)
3. By End-Users - Global Telemedicine Market and Forecast (2013 - 2026)
4. By Specialty - Global Telemedicine Market and Forecast (2013 - 2026)
5. By Component - Global Telemedicine Market and Forecast (2013 - 2026)
6. By Service Types - Global Telemedicine Market and Forecast (2013 - 2026)
7. By Delivery Mode - Global Telemedicine Market and Forecast (2013 - 2026)
8. By Region - Global Telemedicine Market and Forecast (2013 - 2026)
Click here to view the complete report: http://igateresearch.com/FullReportDetail.php?p=167