The International Academy of Web Television, a division of The Caucus for Producers, Writers & Directors, was founded in 2009. The IAWTV is dedicated to the advancement of the arts and sciences of digital entertainment as well as furthering the common good and general welfare of industry professionals by:
1) Encouraging public appreciation for the art and science of digital entertainment and web video
2) Honoring excellence in digital entertainment through the annual IAWTV Awards ceremony and through other forms of recognition
3) Developing specifications and standards and encouraging the adoption of these standards across the industry
4) Encouraging the development of quality digital entertainment content through educational programs, workshops, seminars, or other events, especially through our Writers Groups and Producers Groups.
5) Fostering a spirit of community by using the social media art forms that best encourage cooperation and cordial relations among industry professionals
6) Serving as a leader on issues and topics of interest to industry professionals
7) Providing members of the organization access to unique and valuable resources