Indian Board of Alternative Medicine (Internationally Recognized Legally Constituted Largest Institution) is one of the largest open international educational academies and a premier institution in the field of alternative / complementary medicine and health promotion duly incorporated under Act XXVI of 1961 (Regd. No. S/68765 of 1991-1992) of the Government of West Bengal based on the Central Government Act XXI of 1860 and the Literary and Scientific Institutions Act of 1854.
The Board is affiliated with The International Association of Educators for World Peace, an affiliate of United Nations, UNICEF & UNESCO.
The Indian Board of Alternative Medicines, is the only organization in India to be recognized by and affiliated to the United Nations University for Peace ( an international inter-governmental university established UN Resolution No. 35/55/5/XII/80) and duly recognized by the Government of India which is a signatory to the international agreement for the establishment of the University for Peace and Charter of the University for Peace of the UN.
It would not be an exaggeration to state that despite the consistent advance of western medicine, affordable and effective health care is still beyond the reach of vast sections of the world's population, particularly those residing in the developing world. A few decades ago, it was generally assumed by the scientific community that medicinal plants, homeopathic doses, acupuncture needles, yoga etc. could be safely relegated to no more than a footnote of medical history. But this assumption has indeed turned out to be a very premature one. During the past two decades, the upsurge in herbology, acupressure, acupuncture and yoga etc. across the world has been phenomenal. This renewed interest has generated an international awareness on the richness and importance of the subject. It is to cater to this interest and the need for trained practitioners in the field of alternative medicines that the Indian Board of Alternative Medicines offers a variety of multi level courses in alternative medicines.
The Indian Board of Alternative Medicines is a leading educational academy, which offers a high standard of academic programs via means of regular classes and distance education, in the various alternative therapies. With a past and present student strength of around 80,000, the Institute's courses - diploma, bachelor certification and post graduate on acupressure, acupuncture, aroma therapy, biochemic medicines, indo allopathic, electro homeopathy, naturopathy, oriental medicine, yoga, reiki etc. are pursued in increasing number by students from all over the country and worldwide.
Salient Features of our Courses
1. The syllabus of the various courses of the Board are as per standard of and based on the syllabus prescribed by the Ministry of Health, Govt. of India and various other national and international universities, premiere medical institutions and important societies working in the field of alternative medicines.
2. The course material is prepared by a team of professional specialists drawn from renowned institution as well as our own in-house teaching faculty. There after another group of content writers and language experts are asked to assimilate meticulously, analyze carefully and edited finally for sending the same to the press for printing. Thus the lessons provided by the Institute are in simple and lucid language so that they can be followed by beginners as well as experienced practitioners.
3. The Board follows the methodical and scientific multimedia approach in imparting instructions for its courses.
4. Self - instructional printed course material is sent to the students, for which no cost is required. The fees covers the whole program.
5. Assignments and question papers are sent regularly to asses the progress of the students.
6. Regular feedback is always encouraged.
7. There is no extra or hidden cost or fee involved in the completion / certification of our courses.
The courses are of great practical relevance to one and all. They enable one to maintain his or her health, reduce medical bill by following simple and cost effective procedures/remedies and render medical service.