“Our mission is to address the unmet housing needs of individuals and families, to foster independence to young and old alike, to provide services that empower personal, financial and economic growth, and to advocate for sustainability and renewable resources.”
- Provide housing that encompasses renewable energies and sustainable technologies
- To promote a strong sense of Family Values through our service delivery
- Provide services that build sustainable, long-term, multi-generational wealth and wellness
Assisted Living Center – An affordable program offering a structured, safe and supervised environment, tailored to fit each resident’s unique needs; assisting with activities such as housecleaning, meals, bathing, dressing, and medication supervision; serving those who choose the security of having assistance available on a 24 hour basis in a residential, non-institutional community setting.
Affordable Housing – Our Board of Directors has expertise to acquire and rehab properties and values green technologies, energy efficiencies and universal design. We are committed to supporting community initiatives in developing environmentally friendly affordable housing. We value community cooperation between housing agencies, the community, lending institutions, social service organizations and contractors; empowering families through education on their unique housing choices based on individual need.
• Transitional Housing: providing a safe living environment for those in transition due to life changing circumstances. We seek to provide shelter to families evicted due to foreclosure, bankruptcy or other financial hardships.
• Special Needs Housing: supporting the unique needs of seniors, individuals with disabilities and those living with mental illness. We also seek to provide housing for those returning from the war adjusting to life changing injuries—fostering the greatest independence possible.
• Veterans Housing: it is with honor and respect that we support the growing needs of veterans and their families from past and present wars through home modifications and repairs to provide safety, accessibility and comfort; services that retired and active service men and women struggle to meet.
Housing Education Resource Center (HERC) – providing households with the housing counseling, education, information, assistance and resources needed to solve their housing problems and answer their housing questions so that they may stabilize and improve their living situation and environment and achieve increased self-sufficiency. HERC strives to be one stop resource of student housing and affordable housing, with service coordination for seniors. Services are provided to tenants, landlords, students, homeowners and prospective homeowners and are primarily aimed at educating clients of their housing rights and responsibilities, conducts educational workshops, provides mediation and referral services, develops and distributes reference and educational material on a variety of housing topics.
• Financial Literacy Education – We teach basic financial literacy to adults & college students by offering group workshops with programs that address community need. We believe that financial literacy is vital in stabilizing families and communities and we are committed to providing the resources that will empower families, enhance financial accountability and foster a sense of financial wellness.
• Dissemination of General Information and Materials about housing opportunities and issues -- conducting informational campaigns and raising awareness about critical housing topics, including predatory lending and/or fair housing issues.
• Housing Counseling Services – We serve community need through collaboration with HUD approved agencies to provide services supporting First Time Home Buyer Training, Home Ownership Financing Education, Post-Homeowner Education & Foreclosure Prevention Education.
Planned Gifting of Real Estate
As part of our diversified funding plan, we accept and/or facilitate gifts of Real Estate. Our organization collaborates with a nationally recognized expert who assists in the education of community members and organizations in answering their questions related to the planned gifting of Real Estate. Donations can be anywhere in the world and include commercial or residential property or land. (Please consult your own financial professional to determine how any charitable donation will benefit you.)