Founded in 2002, LaptopAid was created with two goals in mind. The first is to enable individuals to carry out their own laptop repairs with our assistance in the form of parts, advice, knowledge, and tools. Laptop repairs are a very costly issue, and we at LaptopAid pride ourselves in helping to reduce these for our customers.

The second goal is to help maintain the planet and deal head-on with some of the world's e-waste issues. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) estimates that in 2005, only 330,000 pounds (or 12.5 percent) of the 2.63 million tons of electronic waste that had been disposed was recovered for recycling. The other 87.5 percent ended up in landfills or incinerators.

It is possible to repair and replace many laptop parts, from bezels to LCD screens to motherboards. Our site has thousands of these parts and accessories on hand in our inventory. Furthermore, the knowledge we provide our clients can help reduce the number of laptops that end up in landfills.