Male Contraceptive Initiative (MCI) was founded in 2014 in Durham, North Carolina. We are a global hub for researchers, philanthropists, and advocates in search of ways to advance the development of novel safe, non‑hormonal, reversible male contraceptives.
MCI is working diligently to reimagine and bring an empowered, inclusive, choice‑maximized world of contraception to people globally. Our work will make the world a better place by transforming the contraceptive landscape to enable betterment and self‑determination for all people.
We believe that availability of male contraception options will yield an advanced and as yet, unimagined modern landscape that:
- Provides men with an option that is safe and reversible;
- Increases access and contraceptive choices for all;
- Enables informed choice about family growth and planning;
- Offers a complete menu of options for contraception;
- Fosters shared responsibility between spouses and partners;
- Reduces stress on the climate and environment;
- Provides a solution for a heretofore unaddressed need; and
- Is pro‑family