The NATIONAL ME/FM ACTION NETWORK became a Canadian charitable organization on June 18, 1993 dedicated to Myalgic Encephalomyelitis, also known as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS) and Fibromyalgia (FM) through support, education and research.
Since its founding, the organization has been an ACTION Network. Some of our accomplishments are:
• Providing knowledge and empowerment to the people who need information and help
• Establishing relationships with both the provincial and Canadian governments in Canada to better the lives of people ill with ME/CFS and FM
• Developing contacts with medical and legal professionals
• Working with National and International Support Groups
• Publishing a quarterly newsletter keeping people informed about the progress in research and related matters
• Spearheading the development of the Consensus Documents, known as the Canadian Definitions
• Resource guides for disability matters
• TEACH-ME guide for Teachers and Parents of children and youth with ME/CFS and FM
The NATIONAL ME/FM ACTION NETWORK hosted the 10th International IACFS/ME research and clinical conference for ME/CFS and FM and related illnesses in Ottawa from September 22nd to 25th, 2011 consisting of professional workshops and meetings as well as a one-day meeting for the general public.