Who are we?
Middletown Main Street, Inc. is one of more than 2000 communities which participate in the National Trust for Historic Preservation's National Main Street Program. We are a non-profit volunteer driven organization governed by a Board of Directors and we follow the national program's four point approach to successful downtown revitalization. The four points are organization, promotion, design, and economic restructuring.
Main Streets Assets are:
* Unique stores & personal service
* Substantial contribution to local economy
* Wider market draw than before
* ‘Experience’ shopping with more than just stores
Middletown Main Street, Inc. is a non-profit, organization working with the community to revitalize the downtown district into a thriving cultural and retail destination while maintaining its historic character.
Downtown Middletown, the heartbeat of our community and the center for town government, will be a cultural and entertainment destination that promotes the arts and heritage tourism, in a clean, safe, attractive environment highlighted by well preserved historic architecture, quality special events and activities, and thriving, viable, inviting retail and dining establishments.
Downtown Middletown will be a strong cultural and business district with:
* a clean, safe, well-lighted attractive appearance
* historic architecture that offers visual unity, a quality experience and a sense of place
* a positive image that promotes the downtown district as a creative, vibrant, exciting place to visit, shop, invest and work
* an environment that encourages businesses and cultural arts organizations and groups to partner together to utilize our unique assets: arts, heritage and culture, to increase pedestrian traffic, to create social gatherings, to promote heritage tourism, to generate revenue and to facilitate business retention, expansion and relocation
* activities that will attract and offer entertaining, engaging and memorable experiences to area residents, visitors, shoppers and tourists and inspire return visits
* attractive store fronts occupied and offering a variety of inviting retail and specialty shops and dining opportunities
* attractive second stories occupied and offering a variety of housing and/or retail opportunities
* attractive residences occupied and offering housing and/or a variety of retail opportunities