The idea of the MOTOTENT appeared to its founders in 2009, during a trip on motorcycles from Beijing to Paris. When crossing Kazakhstan on bikes, the motorcyclists spent many nights in their tents. When settling the camp, it was imperative to hide the bikes not to attract attention. Their tents were light but too small: their muddy clothes and belongings did not fit inside. They had to change their clothes outside of their tents. They also had to unload most of the bike’s bags, to hide them inside the tent!
To overcome these problems they decided to build a made-to-measure tent, with enough space to both hide the bike and be able to comfortably change to dry, while standing.
• The MOTOTENT is spacious enough to shelter a dual sport bike as big a BMW R1200 GSA with its entire luggage, to have room to work on it, and to be able to stand in the tent.
• The tunnel-shaped design allows a very quick setup of the tent when needed. A simple color coded poles system enables an easy set-up. When exhausted and caught in a downpour, when the rain seeps into your neck, you can now be sheltered, shielded, in the dry and standing in your MOTOTENT while your clothes are drying, all in minutes.
• The tent is designed to be compact and lightweight despite its size. It weighs 5.5 kg (12 lbs) and is less than 60cms long once packed, which is unique for a tent of this size.
This required long research efforts and the use of high performance fabrics.
• The MOTOTENT is made of very high quality materials; those selected by the best brands of adventure equipment: the fabrics are treated to resist UV and heavy rains while being extremely light and fine. These are similar to those used for paragliding. The poles and pegs are tempered dural aluminum, one of the best strength/weight ratios.
• The MOTOTENT was designed by adventurers for adventurers: the positioning of pockets, hooks and other practical details have all been designed and tested to meet the requirements of the motorcyclist. The bag is specially made to be attached on a motorcycle.
• The MOTOTENT can fit all types of motorcycle. The garage part of the tent is 2.4 m long, 1.3 m wide, and 1.9 m high. It can fit all dual sport bikes (a BMW R1200GS, a KTM990 Adventure,
a Triumph Tiger and other Kawasaki KLR650 with the largest equipment mounted on the bike can easily fit in). Indeed, thanks to its wide front door you can even shelter small side cars (type Ural or Royal Enfield).
• Fly fabric: Ultra light UV-Resistant, Rip-stop, Fire-Retardant CPAI84, 10 000mm waterproof coating, 210T Polyester
• Inner tent fabric: Breathable Material, Fire-Retardant CPAI84
• Floor fabric: Ultra light, Rip-stop, Fire-Retardant CPAI84, 10 000mm waterproof coating, 190T Nylon
• Poles & Pegs: Aircraft Grade Aluminum 7001-T6
• Weight & Packed size: 5.5 kg (12 lbs) - 60x20cm (2ft x 9in)
Price and Availibility:
The MOTOTENT is for sale on http://www.lonerider-motorcycle.com priced at 469€ / US$599.
- France & Europe: 5 working days.
- Elsewhere around the World: 15 days.
Delivery price: 21€ / US$33; same price to any country around the Globe.
0033 6 50 78 34 95
- High Definition pictures of the MOTOTENT:
- Logo in high definition:
- MOTOTENT, the ultimate motorcycle tent – In English:
- How to set up the MOTOTENT – In English:
- How to pack up the MOTOTENT – In English: