The Spiritual Living Center of Atlanta (SLCA) was founded in 1979 by The Rev. Kennedy Shultz (1931 – 2000), and was chartered in that year as a member church of Religious Science International, now known as the Centers for Spiritual Living (CSL). After 20 years building an inclusive spiritual community based on the principles of Science of Mind, Shultz retired in 1999. Ministerial leadership was passed to The Rev. Paul Gonyea that same year where he served until his retirement in 2010. Currently, The Rev. Dr. David Ault serves as Senior Minister of what has become the largest CSL center on the East Coast and the fourth largest in the world.