United States Handcycling Federation (USHF)
Also referred to as: U.S. Handcycling
United States Handcycling Federation, Inc. is a non-profit corporation designed to create integrated cycling opportunities for wheelchair users and athletes with lower-mobility impairments. The Corporation is an association of individuals and organizations operating within the meaning of section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
1. To perpetuate, improve and extend the sport of cycling in the U.S.A.
2. To stimulate the interest of people in healthy sports participation through cycling and handcycling.
3. To supervise and administer continuing integrated cycling programs for all age groups for the purpose of stimulating interest and developing athletes through careful preparation and planning, utilizing new or existing facilities, resources and coaching.
4. To unify and coordinate the efforts of those interested in promoting integrated cycling, including handcycling, and to permit all interested parties to have a vote in the development disabled cycling in the U.S.A.
5. To develop programs -- either independently or collaboratively -- to field competitive teams to represent the U.S.A. at International competitions with the express goal of maximizing the number of medals won in cycling.
6. To develop handcycling as a larger part of the local, regional, national, and global cycling community.
7. To participate in global efforts that create more opportunities for handcyclists [worldwide] in the cycling and/or Paralympic arenas.