We serve victims of domestic violence and/or sexual assault and we are committed to delivering programs and services that increase the awareness and reduce the occurrence of domestic violence and sexual assault in our community.
We can help!
Services Offered by YWCA of Northwest Georgia
* 24-Hour Crisis Line - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, advocates are available to provide information and make referrals for services and programs. 770-427-3390.
* Counseling and Support Groups - Free counseling and support groups are offered to victims and their family members. * There is no limit to the number of counseling sessions a client may receive.
* The Domestic Violence Shelter - The YWCA domestic violence shelter is a 32-bed group living facility offering a safe place for women and children who have suffered domestic violence. Client-centered Case Management Services are provided. Call 770-427-3390 for more information.
* Transitional Housing - Transitional housing is offered for up to 24 months for qualified clients. The focus is on economic empowerment to move clients toward sustainability for independent permanent housing.
* Legal Advocacy - Our Legal Advocate at the Cobb County Court House answers questions concerning victims’ rights, filing and completing a Temporary Protective Order (TPO), and accompanying clients to court proceedings, as needed.
* TANF Assessor - The YWCA TANF Assessor, located at the Cobb County Department of Family & Children Services, conducts domestic violence assessments on clients seeking services. If domestic violence is present, the YWCA can offer safety planning, assistance with TPO’s and other resources.
* Community Outreach & Education - We provide consultation, in-service training or informational presentations and outreach to various groups, including law enforcement agencies, parent groups, civic groups, educators, healthcare professionals and religious organizations.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL OUR 24-HOUR CRISIS LINE: (770) 427-3390