Carrie Stack, M.Ed.
Carrie StackCarrie is the founder of the Say Yes Institute (SYI), which offers professional and personal development opportunities through the lens of the, Define, Clarify, Implement (DCI) Model (c). She created this powerful training/coaching model to support participants (agencies, management teams or individuals) to reach goals through concrete, measurable action plans.
Carrie has 15 years of diverse experience working in the non-profit world, with a focus on staff/program development and training. Using interactive activities, humor and endless optimism, Carrie draws upon her years of diverse experience to enhance all of her training/coaching work. She has developed and led workshops/groups around strength based topics, and has done extensive training, both locally and statewide, on prevention/education issues.
She is the author of, Conversations with the Future, about the lives of 70 young people in Lynn, featured in the Boston Globe, local press and in a month long series on Fox25. She also wrote, You Are Not A Puzzle Piece, focused on living the life you want, not the life the world may have reserved for you! She is currently working on her upcoming book, Breath of Freedom, inspired by the stories of women/teens she has worked with that have survived domestic violence. Breath of Freedom uses poems, reflections and affirmations to explore the impact that family violence has on every member of the family. A poem from the book, You’re Home, was published by the Boston Literary Magazine in the summer of 2006.
* M.Ed. in Social Justice
* Certified Life Coach
* Founder of Say Yes Institute
* Experience as a teacher, trainer, social worker, management consultant and program director
* Founder of non-profit, Live Life Write Inc.
* Founding member of NLP Coaching Associates
* Member of New England Women Business Owners (NEWBO)
* Member BNI (Red Rock Chapter)
What do we do?
Professionally, are you moving in the direction that you want to be moving? SYI offers a range of dynamic, interactive and engaging training opportunities focused on professional development and growth.
Professional development has a direct positive impact on both the micro/macro level. On the micro level, the individual employee gains strengths, skills and tools to excel professionally. On the macro level, the business/agency is tremendously enhanced as a result of the professional development of staff because of the increase in employee focus, effectiveness and overall productivity.
SYI has created training opportunities covering a range of topics, with a focus on building emotional intelligence, supervision skills, communication, leadership, motivation and boundaries. Trainings have been developed as a result of ongoing requests, from both individuals seeking to expand professionally, as well as agency representatives seeking to increase company morale and productivity. SYI is pleased to offer training designed to directly address a range of important skills needed for optimal effectiveness in the workplace.
Topics SYI has developed training on include:
* Emotional Intelligence: What is it, and why does it mean?
* Effective Leadership: Building Exemplary Management/Supervision Skills
* Building a Team: Interviewing, Hiring, Supervising and Retaining Amazing Employees
* Communication Skills: What are you trying to say?
* Optimal Productivity: Motivating, Validating and Supporting Employees
* Boundaries: Define that Line (Where is the line?!)
Who do we work with?
SYI has provided training, coaching or consulting services to:
* Aids Action
* American Marketing Association, Non Profit Marketing Group
* Beverly Affordable Housing Coalition
* Beverly Children’s Learning Center
* Catholic Charities
* The Caleb Foundation
* Children’s Friend and Family
* Children’s Law Center of Massachusetts
* CHNA Network
* Girl Scouts of Spar and Spindle Council, Inc.
* Girls Inc.
* Gordon College
* Greater Boston Physicians for Social Responsibility
* Greater Lawrence YWCA
* Greater Lynn YMCA
* Gregg House
* Hospice of the North Shore
* Lawrence Public Schools
* Lynn Community Connections
* Lynn Housing Authority
* Lynn Public Schools
* Massachusetts Department of Mental Retardation
* The Medical Foundation
* Merrimack Valley Workforce Investment Board
* Northeast Center for Healthy Communities
* North Shore Community College
* North Shore Elder Services
* North Shore Workforce Investment Board
* Nurturing Nest Inn for Respite Care
* Plummer Home for Boys
* Project Cope
* Professional Center for Child Development
* Salem Cyberspace
* Youth Empowerment Services, Inc.